To know whether “can bankruptcy lawyers do debt settlement” we need to know about bankruptcy first. Bankruptcy is basically a legal proceeding in which a person who owes money and is unable to pay its outstanding debts can apply and consider himself bankrupt. It begins with a petition which the person can apply as a debtor. All of the debtor’s assets are measured and evaluated, and the assets may be used to repay a portion of outstanding debt.
If you declare yourself bankrupt it will relieve you from legal obligation to pay your debts and can save your home, business, etc. But it depends on the bankruptcy petition. But also if you are bankrupt then it also lowers your creditability and it becomes more difficult to get a loan next time.
Types of bankruptcy
In the United States bankruptcy fall under many chapters such as:
- Bankruptcy Code: Chapter7 in which liquidation of assets is written.
- Bankruptcy Code: Chapter11 which mainly deals with companies or organizations.
- Bankruptcy Code: Chapter 13 which is debt repayment with lowered debt or payment plan.
What a debt settlement lawyer does?
A San Diego bankruptcy attorney helps you in negotiating with your lender to help you with the money which you owe to them. The amount you own can be lowered or a payment plan can be discussed. This not only helps you in repaying your loan but also protects your properties and money. A debt settlement lawyer also helps you in case you face a wage garnishment too.
When you should hire a debt settlement lawyer?
- When debt is considerable: If your loan amount is huge and you want a negotiation with the creditor then you can think of hiring BLC Law Center professional lawyers. For example, if you own 2000$ then a lawyer can settle it with 1000 $.
- Garnishment: Many times creditors come after your earning if the debt if long not paid. In these cases, your wages can be garnished and you are at risk to lose your money anytime. If this is the situation you face you should definitely go for hiring an attorney.
- Getting sued: Like you, your creditor also has legal rights and power to protect his money and can file a legal case against you. If not act quickly and pact fully it will harm you and your money as you can lose a lot of your money earned.
- You are thinking of bankruptcy: If the situation of your debt is reached a point where you genuinely feel that you can’t pay it then it’s time for you to file a bankruptcy for you. With a San Diego bankruptcy lawyer on your side, you can easily handle such a situation and with ease, professional know-how to handle any situation and will guide you in the whole process.
Be careful with Bad Debt Settlement Lawyers
Lawyers must be authorized and should maintain exacting moral measures. Tragically, not all do. Some reimbursement organizations utilize legal advisors to act basically as fronts (or, sometimes, lawyers may collaborate with a repayment organization) to give the organization and appearance of authenticity. Be that as it may, the legal advisors may have nearly nothing or nothing to do with you, your loan bosses, or the repayment procedure.
To know more about bankruptcy or information related bankruptcy go to our website.